Software QA Manager, (Dublin)
Our customer is seeking an innovative Software QA Manager with proven experience in leading a QA team. As a Quality Assurance Manager, you will be responsible for creating and implementing a strategy for quality coordination and testing, while also suggesting solutions to identified quality problems. You will work with the other managers to define testing strategies and targets, then coordinate the QA team to meet those targets.
- You will drive a quality ethos to a high standard across the Software Delivery Life Cycle through your interactions with various individual contributors, teams, departments and related organizations.
- You will be involved in all our software deliveries : Backend, Front end & Mobile apps.
- Manage the QA team
- Help with hiring new QA engineers
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities
- Maintain and execute test cases and/or regression test suites in support of our daily deployment
- Help testing our software the various phases of the development life cycle, including post release tests
- Production Support and patch/hot-fix management: creating and executing tests to validate issues and fixes
- Bug reporting and issue tracking to resolution: reporting, updating and tracking issues through to resolution using Jira. Bugs are documented in a manner that ensures that all stakeholders are in a position to reproduce the bug, if required
- Reporting: communicating test results and findings (test sessions, including bugs and producing some training documentation, where this improves knowledge transfer). This data may need to be communicated verbally and/or in written format, in a clear and concise way
- Audit/Test current products and identify deficiencies and opportunities
- Working with the overall development team, including UX to define opportunities to improve our web portals and mobile applications
- Improve the QA processes used by our various software teams
- Improve the quality and coverage of our automated test suites for our code bases
- Identify training needs and take action to ensure team-wide compliance
- Pursue a continuous learning mindset to keep abreast of new solutions, technologies, and skills
The role is new and will allow a lot of personal growth in the coming years as we build up our QA team and processes.
Required Skills & Competencies:
- QA Team Management
- Experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies and others
- Familiar with JIRA
- Ability to write Technical documentation
- Knowledge / awareness of the security aspects of software is important
Our customer are as committed to developing our staff as we our to developing out stack. With this in mind, the ideal candidate will possess:
- BSc in Computer Science or Software Engineering or related areas.
- Professional certification, such as Six Sigma, Quality Engineer, or Quality Auditor
- Knowledge of quality assurance terminology, methods, and tools
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing best practices, version control practices and defect management practice
- A proactive, self-motivated personality with a strong commitment to learning
- Be aware of the relationship between the development team and success of the overall business, and have a strong sense of ownership over this relationship
- An ability to work under pressure and against tight deadlines
Location and Perks:
- Comcast offers its employees a comprehensive and competitive healthcare benefits program that delivers value to you and your family while supporting the company’s business objectives.
- Our customer HQ is located in the heart of Dublin. As it stands, our customer is currently fully remote but we will have our new offices opened within North Dock in 2021! This area is served by excellent infrastructure and public transit links and is close to all that Dublin city has to offer.
- We are only a few minutes walk from the CHQ— a space teeming with excellent lunch spots — including Foodie, the Natural Bakery, Freshi, The Bake House, Seven Wonders, Il Fiorino and a host of the highest quality coffee shops and grocery stores.
- The Liffey is lined with benches for relaxing riverside breaks, there are numerous quality restaurants and hotels in the area and you’ll find Dublin’s spectacular coastline just 10-minutes away. our customer also provides their staff with WebDoctor, a remote GP-service to keep you in good health.