Shift Supervisor, Supermacs, (Balbriggan)
We are recruiting for a Shift Supervisor in Supermacs, Balbriggan. The Supervisor provides ongoing support to the Site Manager to ensure that the outlet meets or exceeds the targets established for their individual unit. The Supervisor is fully responsible for the customers; staff, operations and cash on his/her shift, and will be held accountable to ensure company policy is met in each area.
• Ensure site is merchandised in a customer friendly and competitive manner ensuring compliance with company procedures and guidelines.
• Ensure housekeeping in the site is maintained at an optimum level.
• Co-ordinate in-site sales and promotions.
• To communicate with team members regarding in site sales and promotions.
• To ensure the appropriate cash register and cash handling policy is adhered to.
• To react to local market trends and competition in an appropriate manner.
• To ensure customers receive high quality and consistent service at all times.
• To deal with and rectify customer complaints in an effective and pleasant manner.
• To pro-actively take necessary action in site improvements following customer complaints.
• Pro-actively deliver excellence in customer service at all times
• Ensure that customer satisfaction is the number one priority and consistently deliver and exceptional service
• Professionally handle all customer queries and complaints in line with company policy, in a timely manner and escalate where appropriate
• Ensure all employees wear their full uniform, name badge and display a neat appearance at all times
• Supervise the activities of team members on a daily basis and ensure necessary tasks are completed to an appropriate level.
• Ensure high quality and consistent customer service is provided at all times.
• To delegate and communicate effectively with the team members.
• To supervise the effective induction and training of all employees.
• To communicate sales performance to management.
• Assist the Site Manager in the recruitment of high calibre team members.
• Assist the Site Manager in the effective management of team members’ performance.
• To assist the manager in preparations for stock take and supervise where appropriate.
• To assist the manager in minimizing stock loss through wastage, damages and pilferage.
• Ensure food management and waste systems are adhered to by team members.
• Check stock to ensure adequate stock is available for customer’s needs.
• Ensure stock is rotated appropriately to ensure in date stock is available and to minimize waste through out of date stock.
Legislation & Security
• To ensure secure opening and closing procedures with the site manager.
• To assist the manager as appropriate in matters relating to managing staff ensuring compliance with Labour Law, HACCP, Health & Safety and Consumer Legislation.
• To ensure potential hazards in the site are identified and reduced or where possible removed/eliminated.
• Work with Site Manager to ensure Health & Safety checks are conducted and actioned accordingly.
Back Office Management
• Ensure Daily Cash Reconciliation & Cash Control
• Ensure Daily Bank lodgements are carried out
• Manage cash discrepancies and report to Management Accountant
• Ensure accurate prime data entry – delivery dockets, invoices, cash reconciliations, bank account reconciliations
• Creditor’s Control
• Debtor’s Control
• Sales Reporting
Health, Safety and Welfare Management
• Strictly comply with standards and safe working practices as outlined in The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005 and subsequent Regulations, Acts or Amendments
• Strictly comply with all policies, practices and procedures, outlined by our customer.
Health and Safety Management System and Safety Statement
• Participate in all/any Health, Safety and Welfare Training offered
• Utilize all / any Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) available / offered
• Actively look for hazards when carrying out duties and take appropriate action to remove and/or report to Manager
• Operate all machinery and equipment as per manufacturer’s instructions
• Maintain security awareness at all times and escalate where appropriate General/Other
• Comply with our customers policies at all times
• Adhere to our customers practices and procedures at all times
• Comply with all legislation relevant to the operation of a service station including Employment Law
• Ensure correct uniform / dress code and name badge are worn correctly and at all times, and the highest standard of personal care is upheld
• Previous experience in a similar environment;
• Must have Level 1 & 2 knowledge of food safety;
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word);
• Experience balancing cash/tills;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Good delegation skills;
• Strong team player
• Highly driven with a strong work ethic;
• Commerciality and brand awareness;
• Thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
• Customer service experience with focus on delivering excellence in customer service