Senior Sales Assistant (Dublin 15)
We are recruiting a Senior Sales Assistant for a busy food retailer in Dublin 11. This is a permanent position and for the right candidate will provide career opportunities. The successful candidate will have experience in a similar role and available to work between the hours 7am-10pm (Pre assigned shifts) Monday to Sunday (37-40 per weeks). This position is €11 per hour.
Assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for.
- Being responsible for processing cash and card payments.
- Stocking shelves with merchandise.
- Reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor.
- Giving advice and guidance on product selection to customers.
- Keeping the store tidy and clean, this includes hovering and mopping.
- Working within established guidelines, particularly with brands.
- Attaching price tags to merchandise on the shop floor.
- Responsible for security within the store and being on the look out for shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards etc.
- Receiving and storing the delivery of large amounts of stock
- Keeping up to date with special promotions and putting up displays.
- Experience in a previous experience within the same industry.
- Having a friendly and engaging personality.
- Comfortable working with members of the public.
- Should have a confident manner.
- Must be helpful and polite.
- Assistants should be physically fit as they will be on their feet for most of the day and may be required to lift large amounts of stock.
- You should have a comprehensive understanding of your area of sales i.e. retail, Fast Moving etc.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of industry.
- Should be of a smart appearance and articulate.