Senior Finance Manager, €60,000 - €65,000 (Rathcoole, Dublin)
We are recruiting a Senior Finance Manager for our customer for a role based in Rathcoole, Co. Dublin. The salary for this role will be between €60,000 and €65,000 DOE.
· Prepare and Present Group Monthly Management Accounts to the Board of Directors in line with strict reporting deadlines.
· Proactively monitor and manage Group Cash Flow systems to support working capital in a seasonal trading environment including maintaining efficient Debt Collection practices and maintaining strong creditor relationships
· Manage all financial operations and supporting administrative processes to deliver an efficient month end close off including nominal & balance sheet reconciliations; ensuring accuracy of accruals and agree intercompany balances
· Maintain accounting policies and procedures in a multi-company environment, ensuring correct allocation of revenues, costs and settlement of inter-company transactions
· Provide leadership and support to the finance team
· Maintain relationships with Bankers, Auditors and other Key external stakeholders and deliver on external reporting requirements including statutory and tax compliance.
· Manage both long and short-term banking facilities and ensure compliance with financial covenants
· Lead Annual Budget process, providing analysis and insight to drive margin growth
· Negotiate with suppliers on key contracts to secure best pricing, service and deliver savings for the organisation
· Reinforce and strengthen internal control systems throughout organisation
· Maintain Financial Accounting and supporting IT Systems
· Approve Weekly and Monthly Payroll and allocation of shared costs
· Conduct detailed weekly and monthly sales and cost analysis and liaise with Department Managers on key variances & KPI’s
· Proactively identify and report on commercial risks, make recommendation and manage all insurance matters
· Report monthly on customer sales and profitability. Analysis potential losses in sales and or profits. Review customer pricing and margins daily.
· Review foreign currency and advise on best rates for dollar and sterling.
· Review new polices such as Brexit and prepare the team for Implementation of changes.
· Review of bank reconciliations, loan schedules, aged debtor listing, aged creditors listings with the relevant member of the finance team.
· Approve all supplier invoices, payments, PODS checks, credits etc
· Full control of customer rebates and insuring checks in place.
· Advise sales teams on yearly business plans with key customers e.g. rebates, LTA, promotional and growth incentives.
· Ensure compliance with statutory filing requirements and tax filings.
· Review customer returns and credit notes. Ensure controls in place.
· Liaise with all teams in relation to cost reductions e.g purchasing, utilities, lease agreement, etc.
· Maintain HR Systems and employee records ensuring compliance with induction processes and Statutory requirements
· Maintain Group’s Privacy and Information Policies in line with GDPR Compliance
· Managing ad-hoc financial projects as required
· Co-ordinate H&S activities
· Ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required
· Providing analysis on customer pricing and tender negotiations
· Company Secretary Duties
· Maintain Phone systems
This is a ‘hands-on’ role and requires someone who is flexible and who can adapt quickly to a high demand environment
This is a key function within the group to ensure that all internal and external financial & legal requirements are delivered. The role requires a high degree of efficiency, organisation, good record keeping and robust controls to ensure accurate, reliable and timely financial reporting
· Qualified Accountant
· Experience working in a Multi-Company Environment
· Excellent presentation and inter-personal skills
· ‘Self-starter’ demonstrating ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Excellent planning and organisation skills and ability to balance different stakeholder’s needs
· Proactive ‘can-do’ attitude
· Previous experience in managing and developing a team
· Advanced Excel skills and knowledge of Sage Accounting Systems
· Strong attention to detail with proven ability to perform well under pressure