Seasonal Greenkeeper (Louth)
We are recruiting for Seasonal Greenkeepers in Ardee, Louth. This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career in Greenkeeping with a market leading company. Successful applicants will ideally have some level of experience within grounds keeping/using out door machinery or out door work. This is initially a six month contract with a view to a permanent placement. 39 hrs per weeks with up to €11.30 per hour.
Below is a list of your daily tasks with full training provided.
· Cut tees, greens, surrounds, fairways, rough and semi rough.
· Set up the golf course, including changing holes, moving tee markers, emptying bins, cleaning surfaces of debris.
· Check machinery before use, fuel after use and report any irregularities to the superintendent or assistant superintendent immediately.
· Maintain good standards of health and safety for self and others.
· Repairing divots on playing surfaces.
· Hand watering and irrigating turf.
· Identifying and controlling weeds and pests.
· Identifying and controlling turf diseases and disorders.
· Marking of hazards, out of bounds and ground under repair.
· Maintaining bunkers.
· Renovate worn and damaged turf.
· Rolling greens with a turf iron or similar.
· Driving a tractor with implements.
· Understanding the rules of golf relating to golf course maintenance.
· Maintaining trees and shrubs on the golf course·
Key Skills and Experience
· Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions
· Ability to communicate effectively
· Work on own initiative