Senior Python Developer (Dublin City)
Our customer is seeking an innovative and creative Python Developer with 4+ years’ experience. Reporting directly to the CTO, you will join the global, multi-functional, Technology Team and will be instrumental in the full software development life-cycle. This includes, but is not limited to, requirement gathering, design and development through to deployment and post-release.
We are looking for a candidate who is willing to grow alongside our innovative, high-growth company. The role will have scope to evolve based on the candidate’s desire to learn and become involved in other technical fields.
Required Skills & Competencies
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related areas
- Python proficiency is essential
- Fluent verbal and written English
- 4+ years Professional Development Experience
- Exceptional Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Proven Experience Developing for LINUX
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced development schedule
Beneficial Skills and Competencies
- Experience with RabbitMQ or another AMQP broker
- Relational database systems. E.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Python web frameworks. eg Flask, Django
- Python object-relational mapping libraries. eg sqlalchemy, storm
- Agile Software Development (tools like Jira, etc)
- Our customer are as committed to developing our staff as we our to developing out stack. With this in mind, the ideal candidate will possess:
- A proactive, self-motivated personality with a strong commitment to learning.
- Aware of the relationship between development and business with a strong sense of ownership
- Precise, decisive analytical skills.
- An ability to work under pressure and against tight deadlines
Location and Perks
- Our customers HQ is located in the IFSC, in the heart of Dublin. The area is served by excellent infrastructure and public transit links (DART, Dublin Bus, LUAS), and close to all that Dublin City has to offer including parks, cinemas, theaters, bars and shopping.
- We are two minutes from CHQ — a space teeming with excellent lunch spots — as well as Foodie, the Natural Bakery, Seven Wonders, Il Fiorino and a host of the highest quality coffee shops and grocery stores.