Operations Lead, €38,000 (Kilkenny)
We are currently recruiting for an Operations Lead for our customer based in Kilkenny. The successfull candidate will join our customer's operations support team to assist management at their South East Distribution Centre. The primary purpose of this role is to support the customer service proposition ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the site’s processes.
We are seeking an Operation Leads to cover the Day shift. The role of Operations Lead is crucial to the operation of the depot. This role needs the candidate to be flexible, hardworking and demonstrate good people-management skills and I.T experience. The salary for this role is €38,000.
· Compliance with and management of delivery processes across the site
· Support management across shifts in monitoring performance standards and performance improvement
· Ensuring facility maintenance and hygiene are maintained to the highest standard
· Management of health and safety, incident reporting and investigation
· Ensure security procedures are adhered to and managed
· Ensure all equipment and MHE are maintained and used correctly
· Knowledge and understanding of a variety of roles including driver, shunter, trunker, loader.
· Excellent knowledge of internal transport and compliance procedures as well as good working knowledge of Department of Transport regulations (Tachograph legislation, Working Time Directive etc.)
· C Licence Advantageous but not essential
· Flexibility regarding working hours, start and finish times which will depend on the business
· Ability to work independently
· Candidate must have a clean attendance & punctuality record/ disciplinary record and health and safety record
· Security conscious
· Excellent organisational skills
· Excellent people skills, strong communication, motivation & interpersonal skills
· Fluent English written and spoken
· Understanding your customers – acts as a role model in personal approach to internal and external customer goals. Takes time to understand the underlying needs of the stakeholders beyond those initially expressed.
· Flexibility & adaptability – demonstrates understanding of how change impacts people. Anticipates resistance to change and works to support effective change initiatives.
· Building effective relationships- candidate is a role model for maintaining constructive and effective relationships with others across departments and other boundaries. Demonstrates effective communication techniques and skills and is seen as a team player.
· Communication & listening – exceptional communication skills – writes and speaks clearly in a variety of communication settings and style.
· Successfully delivers messages to all levels of the business and stakeholders achieving the desired effect.