Landscape Foreperson, €31,000 - €35,000 DOE (Dublin & Cork)
We are recruiting a Landscape Foreperson for our customer. This role will involve the use of machinery and equipment and will include physical exertion (manual handling etc.) on a daily basis. This role will report to the Contracts Manager and the pay of rate is between €15 and €17 per hour DOE.
Location: UCD, Maynooth, Carrickmines, Cork, Liffey Valley
This job description outlines some of the duties and responsibilities that are associated with your role but it is by no means an exhaustive list and may be amended as the management of the company directs.
- Daily management of crews on site.
- Work as part of an onsite team to ensure the quality of work is delivered to an excellent standard and that the work completed is carried out in an efficient and timely manner.
- Scheduling of materials and plant / machinery for site.
- Managing the safety of colleagues on site.
- Supervision of sub-contractors.
- Quality control / monitoring of incoming materials.
- Read, understand and build as per landscape plans /drawings
- Ensuring the care and maintenance of plant and machinery whilst on site.
- Generating reports including timesheets, machinery checklists, H&S reports etc.
- Winter maintenance works during winter periods (nightwork)
- Attend regular team meetings.
- Adhering to the companies’ policies and procedures in relation to all aspects of Health & Safety.
- Obeying clients site rules & regulations in general and in particular in relation to Health & Safety.
- Organise & plan each day with team members in relation to resources.
- Assist & develop members of the team.
- Using innovative skills to ensure a creative way of working.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills to build rapport with clients & customers on site.
- Ensure work is of a high standard that is expected in SAP Landscapes.
- Rate of Pay €13.50- €17.00 (DOE)
- Access to Company Vehicle
- Tablet/ PDA
- General Hours are 6:30-16:30 (working day might vary)
- Overtime Available
- Uniform Support Scheme & Tax Incentive
- Pension Facility (25% Employer contribution T&C’s apply)
- Training provided in the capacity of Manual Handling, Machinery Training and Health & Safety etc.§ Cover of Safe Pass Costs (T&C’s apply)
- Assistance with costs covering additional licences & courses in horticulture field available
- Valid Safe Pass is essential
- Provisional / Full Driving Licence
- B+E Licence / C+E / CPC/ Tractor Experience is an advantage
- Mini digger / dumper experience would be beneficial
- Previous experience / knowledge in similar industry desirable.