Junior Account Manager, €35k OTE, Ashbourne (Meath)
The junior Sales Account Manager will manage a portfolio of existing Pharmacy Groups, Buying Groups, and Independent Pharmacies, promoting the full product range to ensure sales targets are achieved and our business is being developed at the head office level.
- Manage a portfolio of existing independent retail pharmacy customers and buying group members & develop new and growing accounts.
- Selling a range of Ethical lines, Cold store lines, Controlled Drugs, High Tech lines, Generic lines, and EMPs
- Inbound and outbound sales call, completing pricing tenders, entering orders, responding to queries, and resolving customer issues where required.
- Using our Sage IT System for order inputs, stock availability checks, and pricing updates.
- Drive sales growth whist managing margins at the required levels
- Develop & maintain strong relationships between us and our customers.
- Gain as much feedback as possible from our customers regarding competitor pricing and offers, stock availability, and providing feedback on this information to the Sales Manager.
- Running relevant reports to analyze customer purchasing behavior and identify opportunities to drive sales growth.
- Attend and contribute to departmental Sales Meetings to drive business where opportunities are identified.
The candidate should be friendly and outgoing, contributing to our reputation of providing excellence in sales support and service. While the role demands initiative on the part of the Account Manager to manage their own accounts, they will work with a busy team to reach the department sales targets. Ideally, the candidate should have account management experience and be self-motivated and ambitious to succeed in the role.
- Proven sales track record with 2-3 years experience in an account management role (ideally in retail pharmacy but not essential)
- Candidate must have an excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Excel in particular)
- Good Analytical skills – ability to probe and address sales issues and proficient in using sales reports
- The use of SAGE or other stock management systems would be an advantage
- Needs to be able to work on their own initiative
- Excellent telephone manner & interpersonal skills
- €35k OTE
- Bonus scheme