Greenkeeper (Swords, Dublin)
We are recruiting for permanent Greenkeeper on permanent contracts. The greenkeeper reports directly to the head greenkeeper and assistant head greenkeeper. Under their supervision, the greenkeeper is required to carry out routine golf course maintenance tasks.
· Cut tees, greens, surrounds, fairways, rough and semi rough.
· Set up the golf course, including changing holes, moving tee markers, emptying bins, cleaning surfaces of debris.
· Check machinery before use, fuel after use and report any irregularities to the superintendent or assistant superintendent immediately.
· Maintain good standards of health and safety for self and others.
· Repairing divots on playing surfaces.
· Hand watering and irrigating turf.
· Identifying and controlling weeds and pests.
· Identifying and controlling turf diseases and disorders.
· Marking of hazards, out of bounds and ground under repair.
· Maintaining bunkers.· Renovate worn and damaged turf.
· Rolling greens with a turf iron or similar.
· Driving a tractor with implements.
· Understanding the rules of golf relating to golf course maintenance.
· Maintaining trees and shrubs on the golf course
·Communicating effectively to all team members in the venue and golfers on the course
Key Skills and Experience
·Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions
·Ability to communicate effectively
·Work on own initiative
·Previous experience required within golf course greenkeeping