#10060 - General Operative - Landscaping, €12.50/hour, Cork
We are recruiting a General Operative for our customer. This role will involve the use of machinery and equipment and will include physical exertion (manual handling etc.) on a daily basis. This role reports to the site foreman and the rate of pay is up to €12.50 per hour DOE.
This job description outlines some of the duties and responsibilities that are associated with your role but it is by no means an exhaustive list and may be amended as the management of the company directs.
- Lawn care - mowing, strimming and edging
- Shrub and hedge pruning and maintenance
- Tree maintenance
- Weed control and herbicide application
- Litter and debris collection
- Seeding and turfing of lawns
- Paving/light civil works
- Tree and shrub planting
- Adhering to the companies’ policies and procedures in relation to all aspects of Health & Safety.
- Obeying clients site rules & regulations in general and in particular in relation to Health & Safety.
- Follow instruction provided by management and your site Foreperson.
- Work as part of a team to ensure the quality of work is delivered to an excellent standard and that the work completed is carried out in an efficient and timely manner.
- Hourly rate is €11.00
- €12.50 (DOE)
- General Hours are 6.30 – 16.15 weekdays (working day might vary)
- Overtime Available - Uniform Support Scheme & Tax Incentive - Pension Facility (25% Employer contribution T&C’s apply)
- Training provided in the capacity of Manual Handling, Machinery Training and Health & Safety etc.
- Cover of Safe Pass Costs (T&C’s apply)
- Assistance with costs covering additional licences & courses in horticulture field available
- Valid Safe Pass is essential
- B+E Licence / Tractor Experience is an advantage
- Mini digger / dumper experience would be beneficial
- Previous experience / knowledge in similar industry desirable.
Training & Development:
Our customer believes that their most important asset is their people. That is why they like to promote from within and develop employees to progress further in their career. Through our customer's team leader programme and consistent training & development, you have the potential to progress from a Landscape Operative to a Forepersons position.