General Maintenance Operative, €28,000 (Swords, Co. Dublin)
We are recruiting General Maintenance Operatives for our customer for roles based in Swords, Co. Dublin. This role is in a high tempo environment and will consist of working with a team of operatives and also working closely with the operations team, who assign responsive repairs, scheduled works and emergency works for our clients. The salary for this role is €28,000.
Reporting to your Line Manager, you will be tasked with a daily list of properties which must be visited. Depending on the scheduled visits you either work independent or as a part of a duo or small team. The ability to work on own initiative and to follow instruction when given is a must. At these property locations (a mix of residential and industrial properties) you will perform various general maintenance tasks such as small plumbing leaks, painting and installing white goods, Clean and Clear vacant properties, general garden maintenance etc. In order to keep the planning, you have good timekeeping & organisational skills. You prepare yourself correctly in advance regarding necessary supplies and materials.
What do you bring?
You are a proactive go-getter and true handy man worker. Furthermore, you have excellent communication skills in order to work effectively with immediate team members and the various other teams throughout the organization. You possess the ability to work under pressure in a high paced working environment within a dynamic company. As our new colleague you will be occasionally dealing
with some of our clients. Therefore, good people skills, social and hospitable character & excellent presentation are essential.
You have the following skills and competences:
• Qualification in a trade (for example carpentry, plumbing or electrics) highly desirable.
• Minimal 3 years relevant work experience in general maintenance.
• A background in general building or landscaping desirable.
• Some understanding of Property or Facilities management is desirable, but not essential.
• Valid PSA license (not mandatory, but highly desirable).
• Valid Safe Pass Certification (not mandatory, but highly desirable).
• Full and clean driver’s license.
• Good command of Microsoft Office tools.
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
What may you expect from us?
• Salary, based on career and experience starting from €28,000 per year.
• Additional bonus structure based on (department) performance.
• The right tools to do the job: company vehicle, mobile phone, tablet, and tools to carry out tasks.
• A thorough onboarding process.
• Obtaining a Safe Pass and Manual Handling.
• Possibility to grow within our company.
• Access to online trainings and webinars
• Short lines of communication within an informal (though commercial) company.
• An international and dynamic working environment in which entrepreneurship and initiative are highly valued.