Transport Manager, €50,000, Dublin
We are recruiting for a Transport Manager for our customer.The man duties of this role will be to Manage and Develop our customer's domestic road operation. The Role reports to the Operations Manager for European Logistics and presents an excellent opportunity for an exciting and rewarding career with our customer. The salary for this role is up to €50,000 DOE.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Customer Service and Communications focused development.
- Third level qualification desirable.
Required professional experience:
- Experience in leading and developing a safety focused operation.
- Experience and professional know-how in domestic road freight operations for a groupage
network with management experience in planning.
- Economical thinking and advanced process knowledge.
Objectives of the profile:
- Deliver safety as a number one priority and develop a strong safety culture in the organization
- Management and smooth running of all processes within the Domestic department.
- Organization and continuous optimization of vehicle utilization for all vehicle types to meet the
- Ensure excellent communications with all staff, including own drivers, regarding company
information, queries, company performance and developments
- Managing under consideration of the customer's culture of safety, statistics, cost and quality, promoting excellent customer service at all times
- Compliance and continuous improvement of all required standards under ADR, WTD and Drivers Hours Rules.
- Yearly budget and resource planning with the setting and meeting of targets.
- Development, education and training of all Short Distance staff in cooperation with the HR and H&S departments.
- Develop and Lead initiatives in regards to Motivation, Teamwork and Morale
- Promote and develop the customer's values at all times.
- Promote and deliver a safety focused culture
- Ensure excellent communications within the Short Distance department and all other departments, other depots, Service Providers and Correspondents.
- Management of the Short Distance department under consideration of safety, cost and quality
- Strategic planning of all staff and resource under economical aspect, expected volume and management of all administrative tasks.
- Weekly, monthly, seasonal and contingency planning.
- Daily monitoring of own established and Network KPIs.
- Identify weakness in process and implement improvements
- Daily review of the operation with the Team Leader and agree actions to achieve required
- Staff recruitment in cooperation with the HR department and the Shift Supervisors.
- Performance appraisal with the Short Distance team concerning their development.
- Completion of ad-hoc projects as directed by the Operations Manager.
The ideal candidate:
- Will have minimum 3 years’ experience in similar roles including planning experience
- Be safety, quality and efficiency focused
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Possess excellent systems & process knowledge and know how
- Have strong leadership and people development skills
- Be flexible to the requirements of running an operation that requires up to 24 hour / 7 day operation
- Be flexible and available to travel to other locations for training and network development.
Own transport is essential as site is not connected to public transport network
- Sick pay
- Onsite parking
- Daily temperature checks on arrival
- Sanitation stations
- Screen at all desk and work stations