Field Sales Manager, €50,000 (Nationwide)
We are recruiting a Field Sales Manager for our customer. Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the Field Sales Manager role is a critical position that provides leadership, management and development across the sales Team. The FSM is responsible for implementation, and ongoing improvement of, the sales process, as well as identifying and delivering training needs (gas technical, appliances and sales). The FSM manages the overall sales funnel for each sales channel, and drives high levels of quality, compliance and reporting excellence across the Team. Additionally, the FSM is responsible for delivering operations, customer service and commercial excellence along with a system and process sales focus. The salary for this role is €50,000 with an additional €10,000 OTE + €8 daily lunch allowance.
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of revenue and volume sales targets
- Coach, train, mentor and develop our sales representatives so that we maximize all opportunities. Approximately 50% of the working week will be spent in the field with the sales team.
- Manage the full cycle sales process to deliver sales success on an on-going basis throughout the year
- Devise and implement sales management processes to drive success of individuals and the business
- Work with the client to strengthen relationships, generate new business opportunities and obtain referrals
- Manage efficient journey planning & scheduling of meetings to maximize effectiveness across the sales team
- Accelerate sales cycles, demonstrate best sales practice and close sales through field trips.
- Optimize ongoing marketing, publicity and PR events to increase base sales.
- Ensure all reps are using the sales process as it was intended by GNI and to deliver the correct level of coaching to ensure a consistency of world class performance from all reps.
- Ensure that each sales rep has a clear understanding of each of the KPI’s that they are ranked and paid on.
- Ensure that the sales rep is fully equipped and motivated to achieve world class standards across every portion of their role which will be measured against these KPI’s.
- Effectively control training of sales reps in order to achieve the agreed sales strategy across all specified channels.
- Develop, implement and review individual KPI’s in conjunction with the Account Manager.
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience managing and/or coaching successful field sales teams in the business and/or energy/utility sector
- Experience providing direct coaching and development support to a field sales team
- Strong IT Skills. Be comfortable working with Microsoft Office including Excel and Outlook, and preparing presentations on Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrable knowledge and insight of the Irish energy market
- Exceptional track record of delivering on sales targets and sales KPIs
- Confident communicator across all media types; able to motivate and influence others
- Excellent time management to effectively balance the requirements of functional management processes with infield team support
- Natural focus on results and creating a team culture and structure that delivers consistent levels of performance and success
- Work on own initiative and continually looking for ways to improve sales performance and processes
- Positive mindset with a solution-based approach to challenges as they arise
- Full driving licence
- Field management experience within the energy/utility market
- Experience creating and communicating KPI led sales plans
- Understanding of the Irish energy market
- Experience using and training the use of a CRM tool