Early Years Educator, Full Day Care (Ashbourne)
We are recruiting for an Early Years Educator, Full Day Care in Ashbourne. This is a full time role with evening availabilty required.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
• To provide quality early childhood care and education to children
• To, guide, observe, stimulate, and supervise children in a safe and caring environment.
• To work in close co-operation with the Manager and the other team members
• To act, if required, as a key worker to specified children
• Ensure the safety, security, and wellbeing of all children in your care
• To assist in the planning and implementation of an age appropriate stimulating programme of activities which will enhance the child’s natural growth and development.
• To ensure all quality and safety standards are maintained in the service always.
Care and well-being
• To be attentive to the children in your care
• To deal with issues as they arise in relation to the well-being of children
• To communicate to children at their level
• To use positive strategies in supporting children through challenging behavior
• To maintain a safe sleep environment, where appropriate
• To provide personal care if necessary (nappy changing, nose cleaning, toileting, washing)
• To carry out planned and unplanned observations using the observation system and materials
• To report any concern, you might have about the welfare of a child to the Designated Liaison Person for Child Protection
• To greet parent and child in a friendly positive and courteous manner
• To liaise with parents who are the prime careers of the children to keep them informed of the children’s progress and well-being
• To record information/messages from parents, as appropriate
• To prepare for and attend parent/teacher meetings out of hours, if necessary
• To refer any complaints from parents to the manager
• To prepare and serve food to children
• To encourage good eating habits and personal hygiene
• To encourage self-feeding where appropriate
• To use mealtime as a social occasion, enjoyable time with the children
• To participate and assist in the planning and implementation of a curriculum underpinned by Aistear, the national curriculum framework
• To support children’s emergent interests
• To introduce children to the play equipment based on their individual needs
• To provide opportunities for self-directed play
Health and Safety
• To report any safety hazards/risks to Management immediately
• To have a good knowledge of fire and safety procedures within the Service
• To maintain a safe, clean and healthy environment
• To keep your workspace clean and hygienic
• To participate in cleaning duties as required
• To use equipment/machines according to Management instructions
• To maintain a safe and clean outside environment (to carry out an outdoors risk assessment)
• To maintain a good appearance with attention to uniform, hair, make-up and jewelry in accordance with the terms and conditions as outlined in the Contract of Employment
• To follow Covid-19 procedures that are in place.
• To maintain appropriate records and documents in compliance with the Child Care 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016. Records may include the child’s progress, recording observations, accidents records, medicine records etc.
Member of Staff Team Responsibilities
• To be a member of the childcare team engaging with the other members of staff working in the in the service
• To work in close co-operation with the Manager and other staff members
• To ensure that you respect the rights of children in your care
• To work as part of a team, fostering good working relationships within the team
• To have a neat and tidy appearance, wearing the uniform provided and adhering to the dress code Communication
• To communicate frequently with the team members/ manager/ and parents as appropriate
• To communicate in a straightforward, accurate, and professional manner and not to engage in unnecessary social conversations when working and supervising children
• To be flexible in regarding working in the different children rooms Training and Meetings
• To undertake first aid training, fire safety and manual handling, food handling courses, as required
• Undertake training if requested by your Manager
• To attend and participate at meetings as required.
• To be familiar with all policies and procedures of the service and implement them
• To train student workers and to assist new staff with induction
• To adhere to the Child Care 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016, and all other relevant legislation and Regulations.
• To ensure all quality and safety standards are maintained in the Service always in accordance with Síolta, the National Quality Framework for early Childhood Education