Deli Supervisor (Dublin 17)
We are recruiting for a Deli Supervisor in Dublin 17. The successful candidate will be required to Supervise all aspects of the deli department including the sales, profitability, waste and quality of all products, displays and customer service.
• Ensure that customer satisfaction is the number one priority and consistently deliver and exceptional service by displaying I-CARE service excellence behaviors
• Professionally handle all customer queries and complaints in line with company policy, in a timely manner and escalate where appropriate
• Ensure all employees wear their full uniform, name badge and display a neat appearance at all times
• Achieve Service Excellence in mystery shop reports;
Operations & Standards:
• Ensure and take responsibility for the efficient day-to-day running of the fresh food operation on site
• Ensure that the fresh food offer reflects company’s standards of merchandising, presentation and Customer Care.
• Deliver new concepts as created.
• Bring innovation to the fresh food offer.
• Prepare hot and cold food as well as beverages for customer consumption to the highest standard.
• Responsible for food safety and hygiene at all times and adhering to the policies of the company regarding food compliance.
• Ensure compliance with the HACCP preventative approach to food safety.
• Ensure product is cooked to recommended specification and maintained correctly in hot or cold fresh food areas.
• Take responsibility for maintaining margin through strict cost control, appropriate pricing and control of waste.
• Ensure all equipment is clean and in full working condition, following the manufacturers’ instructions for use and cleaning.
• Ordering of stock from approved suppliers and in adherence to agreed product specification.
• Strictly follow stock rotation and control, traceability, correct storage and handling of each product.
• Record wastage and address daily and weekly
• Ensure there is sufficient product for sale, yet keeping wastage levels to a minimum at all times.
• Be vigilant at all times to prevent stock losses and wastage.
• Ensure back store rotation using FIFO rule to minimize wastage.
• Conduct monthly stock takes or as instructed by Management.
• Ensure mobile phones are not in use behind deli counter at any time. Can only be used during designated break times or before / after shift.
• Manage breaks so as to ensure maximum efficiency and delivery of customer service particularly key trading times.
• Ensure strict compliance with clock in/out system i.e. as soon as they leave deli counter and clock back on just before re-entering deli. Note: Smoking is only permitted during official breaks in designated areas only.
• Ensure good team work with colleagues and management.
• Support the training of all all employees in the department
• Contribute/input into probation review and annual performance review process for deli team Health, Safety and Welfare Management
• Strictly comply with standards and safe working practices as outlined in The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005 and subsequent Regulations, Acts or Amendments
• Strictly comply with all policies, practices and procedures, outlined in the Pelco Ltd. Health and Safety Management System and Safety Statement
• Give full support to all Health and Safety Representative(s) in carrying out their duties
• Participate in all/any Health, Safety and Welfare Training offered
• Utilize all / any Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) available / offered
• Actively look for hazards when carrying out duties and take appropriate action to remove and/or report to Site Manager
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Supervisor position;
• Must have Level 1 & 2 knowledge of food safety;
• Have a real passion for the food industry and as such be creative with the fresh offering
• Excellent communication skills;
• Good delegation skills;
• Highly driven with a strong work ethic;
• An understanding of how to achieve KPIs and targets;
• Commerciality and brand awareness;
• Passion for retail;
• Thrive in a fast-paced working environment.