Deli Assistant (Dublin 15)
We are recruiting for a full-time deli assistant for our customers in Dublin 15
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Comply with our customers policies at all times
• Adhere to our customers practices and procedures at all times
• Comply with all legislation relevant to the operation of a service station including Employment Law
• Ensure correct uniform / dress code and name badge are worn correctly and at all times, and the highest standard of personal care is upheld
• Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times, representing the core values of the our customers brand
• Develop strong working relationships with colleagues and group management
• Complete all tasks to the best of your ability and to the highest standard
• Carry out all reasonable tasks and requests as assigned by Site Manager and Group Management
• Ensure effective time management and task prioritization
• Ensure discretion and confidentiality are maintained at all times
Job Role Specifics:
• Ensure and take responsibility for the efficient day-to-day running of retail unit
• Ensure that the store reflects company’s standards of merchandising, presentation and Customer Care as per training manuals.
• Prepare hot and cold food for customer consumption to the highest standard.
• Responsible for food safety and hygiene at all times and adhering to the policies of the company regarding food compliance.
• Ensure compliance with the HACCP preventative approach to food safety.
• Strictly follow stock rotation and control, traceability, correct storage and handling of each product.
• Strictly follow merchandising and display planograms for stock.
• Monitor wastage and address daily and weekly
• Ensure there is sufficient product for sale, yet keeping wastage levels as low as possible at all times.
• Ensure product is cooked to recommended specification and maintained correctly in hot or cold deli areas.
• Ensure all equipment is clean and in full working condition, following the manufacturers’ instructions for use and cleaning.
• Strictly follow all company policies regarding cleaning both on a daily and weekly basis.
• Ensure shop environment appeals to customer.
• Maintain stock levels of the Food Bar goods and keep the shelves full and stock rotated.
• Ensure all products have price labels attached or on shelf
• Notify the Manager of any particular customer product needs.
• Ensure back store area (including staff facilities) is well organized, clean, and safe
• Ensure back store rotation using FIFO rule to minimize wastage.
• Be vigilant at all times to prevent stock losses and wastage
• Conduct stock takes as instructed by Site Manager/Assistant Manager.
• Mobile phones: prohibited behind deli counter at any time. Can only be used during designated break times or before / after shift.
• Strictly follow instruction of the appointed Deli Supervisor and bring any relevant issues to them if necessary.
• Report instances to Site Manager/Assistant Manager on any circumstances non-complying with company policy.
• Comply strictly with rest breaks rules; 15 minutes twice per shift.
• Ensure strict compliance with clock in/out system as soon as they leave deli counter and clock back on just before re-entering deli. Smoking breaks are strictly forbidden. Smoking is
only permitted during official breaks in designated areas only.
• Ensure good team work with colleagues and management.
• Uses initiative and sound judgment with the ability to make decisions.
• Keeps good attention to detail.
• Attends all training sessions.
• Any other duties that may be assigned to you by the Site Manager/Assistant Manager.
• Pro-actively deliver excellence in customer service at all times to include:
- Warm greeting, eye contact and a smile
- Ask does the customer need anything else
- Discuss your service station’s promotions (product promotions)
- Always be ready to look after customer queries
- Offer a warm farewell
• Ensure timely follow through on all promises / queries made to customers
• Ensure timely follow through on all customer complaints and, resolve at local level. Escalate to a Site Manager as and when appropriate
• Professionally handle potentially irate customer in an appropriate and sympathetic manner, endeavoring to find a satisfactory solution. Escalate to the Site Manager as and when appropriate
• Ensure telephone queries are answered in a timely manner and answered satisfactorily
Health, Safety and Welfare Management
• Strictly comply with standards and safe working practices as outlined in The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005 and subsequent Regulations, Acts or Amendments
• Strictly comply with all policies, practices and procedures, outlined in the our customers Health and Safety Management System and Safety Statement
• Give full support to all Health and Safety Representative(s) in carrying out their duties
• Participate in all/any Health, Safety and Welfare Training offered
• Utilize all / any Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) available / offered
• Actively look for hazards when carrying out duties and take appropriate action to remove and/or report to Manager
• Operate all machinery and equipment as per manufacturer’s instructions
• Maintain security awareness at all times and escalate where appropriate