Childcare Quality Manager, Full-Time, Dublin
As Quality Manager you are responsible for ensuring the quality of our services is kept at the highest possible standard by carrying out internal audit checks on our Early Years, Pre-School and After School childcare services. You are responsible for mentoring recent Level 8 graduates and identifying any training needs specific to their continued learning and development. In addition, you are responsible for identifying the training needs of our team of colleagues as a whole. You will report to the Managing Director, Operations.
Main challenges of this role are ensuring the delivery of high-quality childcare and education at each service, providing professional leadership and support to your colleagues, whilst promoting positive relationships with children, parents and other colleagues, including external parties.
The candidate will travel between our services in Dublin and Ashbourne to carry out their audit inspections and provide mentoring/support.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your duties as Quality Manager will include, but not be limited to:
• Supporting and mentoring our team of educators in the development of enriched learning environments
• Supporting and mentoring recent Level 8 graduates in conjunction with their line managers.
• Identifying training needs of our educators and working with our office team to develop a training programme.
• Monitoring curriculum planning and developing training where necessary, ensuring each service has in place the highest standard curricula in line with our ethos, Aistear, Síolta and any regulatory requirements.
• Preparing for Tusla, DES & EHO inspections.
• Developing action plans as required.
• Carrying out internal audits, ensuring we continue to meet regulatory requirements together with our own internal policy & procedures.
• Working with our office team to ensure that our policy documentation is up to date and implement changes as necessary.
• Working with our office team to implement any changes in procedures.
• To attend out of working hours’ activities, to include training, staff meetings, parents’ evenings and special events as required.
• Communication skills
• Team work
• Building & maintaining relationships
• Attention to detail
• Flexibility & adaptability
• Problem solving
• Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience working in an early years setting, preferably in a supervisory or leadership role.
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of inclusive early childhood education and care.
• Understanding and experience of ITERS, ECERS and ACERS rating scales.
• Understanding and experience of social inclusion and disability issues.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Ability to provide mentoring and coaching services.
• Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, together with knowledge of G Suite.
• Minimum third level qualification at Level 8 (or equivalent) on the National Framework of Qualifications in Early Childhood Education and Care
• Drivers Licence with suitable means of transport.
If the above job descriptions sound like you and you are ready to take the next step in your career apply now.