Branch Manager (Limerick)
We are recruiting a Branch Manager for our customer in Limerick. The succesful candidare will have managment experience in a similar industry (vehicle rental / transport/logistics). This is an exciting role with an established brand with a fantastic package on offer.
Role Purpose & Key Responsibilities:
- To deliver sustained and profitable growth in vehicles on hire (VOH) through a dynamic branch in collaboration with sales and asset management.
- Responsible and accountable for the day to day management of the Branch including rental, workshop (where applicable) and site, ensuring that all financial, operational and technical KPIs are achieved
- Recruit, retain, develop and lead a high performing team
- Establish a robust health, safety and environmental culture with total compliance to regulations
- Deliver exemplary customer service consistently to all current and potential customers
- Maximise vehicles available for rent and maximise efficiencies and minimise costs locally and by working with other locations and functions
- Develop local account management.
Customer Service/Rental/ Workshop
- Ensure all customer experiences are positive and that all customer interactions are handled in a timely and professional manner delivering the company aim of being the first-choice destination for customers in our markets.
- All general telephone enquiries, allocation and preparation of vehicles, booking & processing of vehicle hire requests
- Implementation of the company ‘no turn down policy’ accepting all orders on core vehicles and stand downs (agreements allowing customers to stand vehicles down on site whilst off hired)
- Loans & cross hires with other locations/branches and breakdown processing, invoicing & sundries
- Support and assist in the delivery of all workshop activities.
- Collaboration with workshop management, prioritise & minimise vehicles off rent/downtime
- Ensure Preventative maintenance programmes are carried out
- Compliance management and participation in workshop audits and subsequent reviews
- Support stock valuation, stocktake processes, meet appropriate standard and manage workshop activity planning & productivity
- Achieve excellent Customer service standards and meet appropriate Standards, Presentation, HSE requirements
People & Asset Management:
- Responsible and accountable for all people related activity within the branch, ensuring all employees are provided with the appropriate leadership, management and development.
- Recruitment, induction, retention & development of all staff at the branch
- Completion of all Staff performance reviews & development plans
- Timely adherence to all HR processes and collaboration with HR on all personnel related issues
- Management of Staff Absence, disciplinary and grievance handling, holidays & absence administration, rota /shift management
- Branch ownership of asset management including maximisation of vehicles available to rent and achievement of vehicle ready to rent targets.
- Build up strong working relationships with the area asset team and maintain optimum utilisation of vehicles
- Timely Fleet management - balancing, swaps, changeovers, maximising vehicles ready and available to rent and ensure effective loan vehicle management
- Fleet audits, damage authorisation, and ensuring the efficient disposal of vehicles ready for de-fleet
Financial Controls & Business Planning
- Establish robust controls and follow procedures in the financial and administrative areas of branch activity to ensure that KPIs are achieved. This includes:
- Control of the Branch operating statement (Rental & Workshop), purchase orders, cash handling, invoicing.
- Delivery of Financial performance and manage branch Budgets & forecasts
- Establish, deliver and regularly review action plans that will ensure continuous improvements for the branch including financial, performance & operational KPI reviews.
- Branch business improvement plan and timely problem solving and decision making
Health, Safety & Property Management
- Work collaboratively with the health & safety advisor to establish a robust health, safety and environmental culture with absolute compliance to regulations including:
- Compliance, completion of audits, accident reporting, leadership of Toolbox talks, communication and appropriate training in order to achieve a HSE culture etc.
- Collaboration with HSE Advisor
- Responsible and accountable for the presentation, maintenance and security of the site including maintenance & repair, housekeeping standards, signage, marketing materials, yard management.
- Overall Health, Safety & environment.
- Proven leadership skills
- Previous experience of managing a high performing, customer focused Branch / Depot / Profit Centre
- Demonstrable experience of driving local Sales & Marketing Activity
- Excellent Customer Service skills including relationship building
- Proven ability to perform in a pressured environment
- Enthusiastic personality
- Proven ability to develop and manage a team
- Minimum Leaving Certificate
- Previous training in sales & Customer Service
- Highly numerate and literate
- IT literate & competent
- Full clean driving licence
- A Recognised qualification in Customer Service
- Business Degree or equivalent
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive Salary, €40,000 basic.
23 days holidays - plus a bonus day for your birthday
- Company Car
- Free parking
- Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Group Discounted Healthcare
- Company privilege days
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Discounts
- Share Save Scheme