#10145 - Sous Chef, from €45k DOE, 45hours/week, Galway
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Sous Chef for a full-time position based in Galway.
The restaurant caters to large groups and especially tourists. The establishment has a restaurant, a bar, and function rooms. The main menu is served in the restaurant and the bar is served with a separate bar menu. We are open 7 days per week for lunch and dinner.
- Help in the preparation and design of all food and drinks menus
- Produce high quality plates both design and taste wise
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
- Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Salary is from €45k depending on experience
- You will respond to the executive chef
- Must be HACCP trained
- Available to work shifts and weekends
- Will have to step in for the executive chef when he is away
- The restaurant is based in Galway
About the Restaurant
We are an award-winning restaurant that serves delicious dishes and offers a warm and vibrant ambiance over three floors and our traditional ground floor market bar is a local institution.
We provide honest wholesome hospitality at a fair price with top-quality food and drinks served by friendly people who love what they do.