#10105 - Transport Cross Dock Supervisor, €45,000, company pension, Cork
The purpose of the role is to support and assist the National Transport by organizing and managing the transport function at our Cork Cross Dock. Strong leadership skills, achievement of transport targets set, and the desire to provide a ‘best in class service for our customers are essential.
Delivering Transport Operations and Route Planning
- Organize, plan and manage the day-to-day transport operation at the Cork Cross Dock.
- To maintain effective communication with all key stakeholders including, customers, managers, drivers, and all other relevant departments within Wholesale Partners.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory obligations for fleet management, maintenance and driver hours.
- Ensure effective and proper use of fleet equipment to minimise damage to company assets at all times.
- Drive productivity and efficiency across all routes.
- Ensure effective vehicle utilisation.
- Liaise with the sales team regarding new customer routes and/or deliveries.
- Maintain control over route planning and delivery scheduling to ensure prompt delivery to our customers
- Delivery route scheduling
- Maximise fleet utilisation
- Driver rostering
- Ensure fuel efficiency through monitoring, auditing and reporting.
Manage and motivate the drivers to deliver best in class customer service
- Develop a continuous culture of operational and customer service excellence.
- Ensure drivers demonstrate the company values.
- Manage routes and drivers to ensure on-time delivery.
- Drive a ‘first for service’ culture throughout the transport team.
Management of Colleagues
- Support driver performance and development through performance development reviews.
Ensure the company's disciplinary code is adhered to at all times.
Recruit and train drivers to meet the needs of the business.
Manage the performance and development of the transport team to identify, develop and reward high performing team members and address nonperforming members by structured corrective action measurements.
Ensure all standard human resource processes are implemented for transport team e.g. timekeeping, health & safety, holidays, accidents.
The successful candidate will have most or all of the following:
- Min. 3-5 years management level (or higher)
- Min. 3-5 years’ experience in leading a team
- Proven track record of effective resource management to maximise productivity
- Proven track record of people management
- Proven track record of cost control
- Strong Communication skills
- Honesty, integrity and openness
- Strong problem-solving focus
- Excellent flexibility and adaptability in management style
- Strong People Management
- C license holder
- Up to date CPC
- Current Tachograph Card
- Proficient in MS Office
- Min. 3 years’ experience in retail / foodservice distribution
- Strong knowledge of foodservice and retail distribution
- Proficient in use of Paragon routing software, Bluetree vehicle diagnostics and warehouse management systems.