Senior Database Administrator (Dublin)
Our customer is seeking a Database Administrator, with 5+ years of relevant experience, who will be involved in the maintenance and improvement of our database infrastructure for our growing needs, and in the software release cycles. You will contribute towards the analysis of infrastructure performance, perform incident assessments, and analyze usage. Provide performance metrics, inform stakeholders to risks, and provide options for maximizing availability.
Reporting directly to the CTO, you will join a team mandated to drive our customers technology innovation and ensure the service, quality and features continues to benefit our loyal customer base.
- Audit existing PostgreSQL Database configuration and setup
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Own the database schema and advise on updates for the production and pre-production PostgreSQL Database clusters
- Be aware of planned database maintenance and actively participate in the software development life cycle
- Implement, with collaboration of the software development teams, a robust data maintenance, version control, and release procedures
- Participate in the disaster recovery assessment and participate in the implementation of automated procedures
- Propose and implement improvements of the database setup, data organization and query optimization
- Cover Data Center on-site operations when needed.
- Participate in the triage and incident management of incidents effecting database infrastructure
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related areas
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Expert in PostgreSQL Database administration
- Expert in SQL
- Experience with Linux Administration
- Experience with PGPool
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Our customer offers its employees Comprehensive and competitive healthcare benefits program
- Good Annual Leave balance
- A pension contribution scheme
- Professional Development programs
- Corporate Partnership with some of our customers
- Tax Saving Scheme (Bike to work, travel cards etc).
- Hardware (Laptop, Monitor, Keyboard etc)
- Software Licensing approved